Immuta v2.5.0 Release Notes
Immuta version 2.5.0 was released June 17, 2019.
v2.5.0 New Features
- User Admin: Users with the USER_ADMIN permission manage the permissions, authorizations, and groups that attach to each user.
- Application Admin: Users with the APPLICATION_ADMIN permission manage the configuration of Immuta for their organization. These users can configure Immuta to use external identity managers and catalogs, enable or disable data handlers, adjust email and cache settings, generate system API keys, and manage various other advanced settings.
- Application Settings Page: This page allows Application Admins to manage configuration inside the application (including uploading ODBC drivers).
- OpenID Identity Manager support (Cognito, Immuta Community, and Google)
- SAP Hana support
- Improved Podium support
- Ability to add a custom login message via the license generator
- Support to check-in with Immuta license server
v2.5.0 Known Bugs
- Users can't select regex modifiers in otherwise rules in the Policy Builder.
- Recalculating fingerprint against Snowflake, Oracle, and DB2 tables fails.
- Immuta logging failing to pick up X-Forward-For.
- IE/Edge is missing the Immuta icon.
v2.5.0 Migration Notes
- Customers cannot upgrade directly from v2.1.0 to v2.5.0 if they have existing Hive or Impala data sources.
- This version relies on Postgres 11 for the Query Engine. (RDS/Postgres 10 can still be used for bometadata.)
- This version relies on
- The Partition Service needs to have
immuta.system.api.keyconfigured. In CDH that configuration should be added (for both the 1.6 and 2.x Partition Service) under
Immuta Spark 1.6 Partition Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for context/generator.xmland
Immuta Spark 2 Partition Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for session/generator.xml.
- Existing Spark jobs that have configuration overrides for
spark.driver.extraJavaOptionsneed to be updated to include the following configuration key/value pair for both
-Dimmuta.spark.encryption.fnr.class=com.immuta.spark.encryption.fnr.ImmutaFNRService. No changes are needed for any jobs that don't specifically modify those two configuration values.
Immuta version 2.5.1 was released June 26, 2019.
Immuta v2.5.1 Major Bug Fixes
- User is not notified when a driver finishes installing.
- Immuta logging failing to pick-up X-Forward-For.
- Recalculating fingerprint against tables with normalized columns fails.
- Can't select regex modifiers in otherwise rules in the Policy Builder.
- FPE/Oracle: Cannot query data sources with remote casing difference with FPE masking policies.
- Unable to edit local policies after applying global FPE policy.
- Global rounding policies are not getting applied as expected for case sensitive data sources like Oracle, Snowflake, DB2, etc.
- ODBC driver scripts do not support manual install of FreeTDS driver.