Audience: Data Governors
Content Summary: Tags serve several functions: they can drive Local or Global Subscription and Data Policies, and they can be used to generate Immuta Reports. They can also drive search results in the Immuta UI. Governors can create tags or import tags from external catalogs in the Governance UI. Data Owners and Governors can then apply these tags to or remove them from projects, data sources, and specific columns within the data sources.
This document outlines step-by-step instructions for creating and viewing tags on the Governance page.
- Click the Governance icon in the left sidebar, and then click the Tags tab.
- Click Add Tags in the top right corner.
Complete the Enter tag fields.
Note: Tags can also be extracted from external catalogs, such as Apache Atlas. For more information on this functionality, please contact your Immuta Support Professional.
- Click the Governance icon in the left sidebar, and then click the Tags tab. A list of all top-level tags is displayed.
- Click Expand to view nested tags.
- Click the icons in the Actions column to the right of the tags to edit tags, generate tag reports, or delete tags.
You can pull external tags that you had previously defined in the external catalog (e.g. Collibra, Apache Atlas, etc.):
- Click the Governance icon in the left sidebar, and select the Tags tab.
Click Refresh External Tags.
External tags are automatically detected when you create a new data source that originates in an external catalog.