Install and Configure the Immuta CLI
Audience: Immuta users
Content Summary: This page details how to install the Immuta CLI and tab completions.
1 - Install the Immuta CLI
macOS CLI Binary Warning
When installing the macOS CLI binary, macOS displays the warning "could not verify that this app is free from malware" when the binary is run. Navigate to the Security & Privacy section in your System Preferences to allow the binary to be run.
- Navigate to the Immuta Releases page and log in with your Immuta Account credentials.
- Scroll to the All Archives section and use the username and password displayed there to log in to the Immuta Archives site.
- Select the folder of the current release and download the binary zip file corresponding to your system architecture.
- Unzip the file and add the binary to a directory in your system's $PATH.
2 - Configure the CLI with Your Instance of Immuta
- Enter the URL of your Immuta instance in the interactive prompt.
- Enter your Immuta API Key in the interactive prompt:
$ immuta configure ? What is the url of the immuta instance you use?: https://your.instance.url.com/ ? What is the api key of your immuta user account?: ***************************Updated the config at /Users/user/.immutacfg.yaml
Below is the configuration file that will be saved at
default: api_key: <apiKey> host: https://your.immuta.url.com
3 - Install Tab Completions
To generate shell completion scripts for Immuta CLI commands, run
immuta completion [bash|zsh|fish|powershell]. You
can opt to specify
--help for instructions on installing tab completions for Bash,
Zsh, Fish, and PowerShell commands and flags.
Use the tabs below for specific instructions for each of these shells.
Install bash-completion https://github.com/scop/bash-completion.
Add this to your
eval "$(immuta completion bash)"
_immutacompletion script and save it in your
immuta completion zsh > /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/_immuta
Ensure that the following is present in your
autoload -U compinit compinit -i
immuta.fish completion script:
immuta completion fish > ~/.config/fish/completions/immuta.fish
immuta completion powershell | Out-String | Invoke-Expression.
To load completions for every new session, run
immuta completion powershell > immuta.ps1
immuta.ps1from your PowerShell profile.
The exact configuration file locations might vary based on your system. Make sure to restart your shell before you test whether completions are working.