Native Redshift Installation
Audience: System Administrators
Content Summary: This page provides a tutorial for enabling the native Redshift integration in Immuta. For an overview of the access pattern, see the Data Access Patterns documentation.
Add the Native Integration
- Click the App Settings icon in the left sidebar.
- Click Native Integrations in the left panel.
- Click the +Add Native Integration button and select Redshift from the dropdown menu.
Complete the Host, Port, Initial Database, and Immuta Database fields.
Opt to check the Enable Impersonation box and customize the Impersonation Role name as needed. This will allow users to natively impersonate another user.
Set up the connection Automatically or Manually.
Select Automatic and enter your Username and Password.
Note: When performing an automated installation, the credentials provided must be a Superuser or have the ability to create databases and users and modify grants.
- Select Manual and download the bootstrap script.
- Enter a username and password for a new user, and the bootstrap script will populate it with the appropriate permissions.
Click Test Redshift Connection.
Once the credentials are successfully tested, click Save.
If you chose the manual setup, run the bootstrap scripts in Redshift.