Installation Best Practices
Use Immuta SaaS to automate installation, backups, and disaster recovery. Other benefits include
- receiving new features as they are released.
- Immuta managing scaling and infrastructure.
Use Kubernetes for scaling
Although Single Node Docker (SND) is an easy way to get started, Kubernetes is easier to scale as resources are needed.
To use Kubernetes effectively,
- Identify a team to set up, configure, and maintain a Kubernetes environment. Immuta will help you with the installation of our platform, but the Kubernetes environment is your company's responsibility. Review Kubernetes best practices here.
- Use persistent volumes.
- Only use the Immuta-provided default Nginx Ingress Controller if you are using the Immuta query engine. Otherwise, opt to use your own ingress controller or no controller at all.
Back up your environment
For on-prem instances,
- Configure backups to run daily.
- Test your backups at least once a month.
- Use cloud storage (e.g., S3, ADLS, GCS).
- Create the proper IAM roles and IAM permissions (if using IAM roles). Your backups will fail if this is not configured correctly.