Installation Best Practices
Use Immuta SaaS to automate installation, backups, and disaster recovery. Other benefits include
- receiving new features as they are released.
- Immuta managing scaling and infrastructure.
Use Kubernetes for scaling
To use Kubernetes effectively,
- Identify a team to set up, configure, and maintain a Kubernetes environment. Immuta will help you with the installation of our platform, but the Kubernetes environment is your company's responsibility. Review Kubernetes best practices here.
- Use persistent volumes.
- Use the Immuta-provided default Nginx Ingress Controller. You can use your own, but the setup and management is outside of Immuta’s responsibility.
Back up your environment
For on-prem instances,
- Configure backups to run daily.
- Test your backups at least once a month.
- Use cloud storage (e.g., S3, ADLS, GCS).
- Create the proper IAM roles and IAM permissions (if using IAM roles). Your backups will fail if this is not configured correctly.