Getting Started with Redshift
The how-to guides linked on this page illustrate how to integrate Redshift with Immuta and gain value from the Immuta module: Secure.
Requirement: Redshift cluster with an RA3 node is required for the multi-database integration. For other instance types, you may configure a single-database integration using one of the Redshift Spectrum options.
Configure your Redshift integration
Configuring a Redshift integration is required for Secure. These guides provide information on the recommended feature to enable with Redshift.
Select None as your default subscription policy.
- Map external user IDs from Redshift to Immuta.
These guides provide step-by-step instructions for configuring and securing your data with governance policies, or see the Secure use cases for a comprehensive guide on creating policies to fit your organization's use case.
- Create a global subscription policy.
- Create a global data policy.
- Validate the policies. You do not have to validate every policy you create in Immuta; instead, examine a few to validate the behavior you expect to see.
- Once all Immuta policies are in place, remove or alter old permissions and revoke access to the ungoverned tables.