Use Case: Monitor and Secure Sensitive Data Platform Query Activity
Who is this for?
This guide is for users who wish to understand their data estate and where there may be security gaps or non-compliant user query activity that needs to be addressed. It also contains details for configuring Immuta that must be accomplished before moving on to the Secure your data use cases.
This use case is tailored to quickly get you monitoring queries in your data platform and understanding where you may have security gaps using Immuta Discover and Immuta Detect. If you are not using Snowflake, instead move to the General Immuta configuration use case because filtering by tags and sensitivity in Immuta Detect is currently only available on Snowflake.
As part of this use case, you will learn special considerations and configurations for setting up Immuta for Immuta Detect. Upon completion, you will understand existing security gaps and it will help guide your Immuta Secure journey.
Follow these steps to configure Immuta and start using Detect:
- Ensure you have the Immuta software available to you. For the best experience, follow the steps below on Immuta SaaS because of the many SaaS benefits.
- Configure your users in Immuta, using the user identity best practices in order to review and summarize user activity and plan your first policy.
- Read the native integration architecture overview and connect Immuta to your database. Consider the Snowflake roles best practices.
- Register data sources in order to review and summarize data activity and plan your first policy.
- Start Using Immuta Detect. To get the most out of it, consider populating sensitivity using Automate entity and sensitivity discovery (SDD) and then configure Detect with SDD.