Certifications Exemptions and Diffs
To manage and apply existing policies to data sources, a user must have either the CREATE_DATA_SOURCE Immuta permission or be manually assigned the owner role on a data source.
Certify global policies
After a policy with a certification requirement is applied to a data source, data owners will receive a notification indicating that they need to certify the policy.
- Navigate to the Policies tab of the affected data source, and review the policy in the Data Policies section.
- Click Certify Policy.
- In the Policy Certification modal, click Sign and Certify.
Add policy exemptions
Once this setting is enabled on the app settings page, data owners can exempt users from policies on a per-data-source basis to allow those users to see all the data, regardless of the global or local policies applied. Note: By default, policy exemptions are disabled in Immuta.
- Select a data source and click the Policies tab.
- In the Data Policies menu, click Add Exemptions. This button will only be visible if policy exemptions have been enabled.
- Enter the names of the users or groups to exempt from your policies.
- Click Create to finish your exemption policy.
- Click Save All to apply the policy to your data source.
View policy diffs
Once you have a data policy in effect, you can view the changes in your policies by clicking the Policy Diff button in the data policies section on a data source's policies tab.
The Policy Diff button displays previous policies and the current policy applied to the data source.