Getting Started with Azure Synapse Analytics
The how-to guides linked on this page illustrate how to integrate Azure Synapse Analytics with Immuta and gain value from the Immuta module: Secure.
Requirement: A running Dedicated SQL pool
Configure your Azure Synapse Analytics integration
Configuring an Azure Synapse Analytics integration is required for Secure. These guides provide information on the recommended feature to enable with Azure Synapse Analytics.
Select None as your default subscription policy.
- Map external user IDs from Azure Synapse Analytics to Immuta.
These guides provide step-by-step instructions for configuring and securing your data with governance policies, or see the Secure use cases for a comprehensive guide on creating policies to fit your organization's use case.
- Create a global subscription policy.
- Create a global data policy.
- Validate the policies. You do not have to validate every policy you create in Immuta; instead, examine a few to validate the behavior you expect to see.
- Once all Immuta policies are in place, remove or alter old permissions and revoke access to the ungoverned tables.